Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Got the call...


So on Monday I had the director of my local DFCS call me, apologizing that the process took so long and told me how unusual it was. They apparently had a large number of staff turn overs so everyone was pulling double duty for awhile. Then she said that she was taking my paperwork to get signed today. So a few minutes ago I got a phone call asking me if I would take three children, 2 boys and 1 girl.

 The sad part of this story is that I had to say no. My home is set up for girls only and a max of 2 children. My Resource worker understood and we set up a time for her to come to my house. She was just hired in and we both want to meet in person.

 So there you have. 7 months. 100's of pages of forms. Lots of $$ spent on getting my home ready. All totally worth it to get that heart stopping phone call. Even if I couldn't say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment