Sunday, February 23, 2014

First placement arrived

Got the call at 8:30 tonight asking if I would take two girls, ages 10 and 13. The girls were asleep at the locals sheriffs office and their two brothers had already been brought to a home. I said yes even though these are not the ages I was ready for or even wanted. I may regret this later but how do you say no?

The girls are both very sweet and kind. We had to run to walmart for clothes and lice kits at 10:00pm so that was a hoot. Currently they are showering off the lice shampoo and then we get to use the special comb. All of us are tired, the girls didn't get any sleep the night before as apparently they were homeless and sleeping in the car because their mom "was so worried and afraid". And kept them awake all night.

The oldest girl is a talker and completely at ease with the situation. The younger one is quieter and walks on eggshells. Mainly the younger one is worried about her mom, they didn't tell the girls where she is.

The initial court date is Monday afternoon and I was told to not send the girls to school so I'm working on figuring out the logistics of that. I'm not expecting them to stay past a few weeks as the worker who placed them with me said she is opening homes soon that they could get moved to.

Since it's almost midnight, The combing might be cut short and we will deal with the lice extermination more tomorrow. The girls are just so tired.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the Lice!! You're going to do great with them no matter how long they stay!

    ReplyDelete